Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hilary Duff & the Rise of Hockey

I was never a big fan of post-Lizzie McGuire Hilary Duff, but now I think I am a fan because she is a fan of hockey.  She's dating professional hockey player Mike Comrie of the NY Islanders, so I guess she's obligated to like the sport.  Here is why Hilary Duff is good for hockey:
Many Americans (even sports fans) say hockey is irrelevant, and is not as popular as football or basketball.  You can argue hockey is limited to cold areas (Anaheim Ducks?).  Chances are anti-hockey sports fans have never been to a live hockey game, and there is NOTHING like it--the fans, the fights and goals.  
Even Hilary Duff agrees that hockey fans are intense and she's getting into the sport:
 "The first couple of games I went to, I'm like, 'These people are nuts,' They are, like, so into it. And then, I got really into it once I started learning about the game."

Conclusion: Hockey is amazing, and fans of hockey are fans of hockey fans.

Go Bruins! Go Terriers!

1 comment:

  1. My grandparents have season tickets to the Ducks, and they are golf people. Anyone can be a hockey fan!

    ReplyDelete