Saturday, June 13, 2009

Penguins are Stanley Cup Champs

The Pittsburgh Penguins is my go-to NHL team ever since the first Winter Classic in Buffalo and my discovery of Sidney Crosby. My love for the Pens then grew ten-fold when legendary BU goalie Johnny Curry signed with the Baby Pens and now BU's recent Assistant Captain Brian Strait is also heading to Wilkes-Barre Scranton.
*This is two years old, but I got Johnny Curry's autograph!
And tonight, the Pens are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!! Yeaaa, they beat the Detroit Red Wings. Although it was Game 7 at Detroit, I knew the Pens had it in them to win it because they didn't give up Game 6. Also, Detroit won the Cup last year against the Pens, so it makes sense the Pens wouldn't let it happen again.

Catch the highlights and the trophy ceremony here:

No comments:

Post a Comment