Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mean Green Sewing Machine

I came upon the John Lewis Mini Sewing Machine in GREEN, my favourite colour (you like what I did there), on my last day in London.  I'm not much of an impulse shopper but I could not leave the department store without it, so I stubbornly purchased a GREEN sewing machine in London and lugged it back to the US in my carry-on sized luggage.  The only problem is 1) This sewing machine is made for a 1st grader and 2) I don't have a proper voltage converter so I can't use it in the States.  Either way these are petty issues that can be resolved.  I tested the machine tonight with my power adapter (not to be confused with a voltage converter!) and the needle moved really, really slow which I assume is because US voltage is WEAK.  So now my mission is to find a cheap power converter so I can finally hem the millions of straps, skirts and dresses that don't fit me right and provide an accurate review of the machine's performance.  Still HOW AWESOME IS THIS GREEN SEWING MACHINE?!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the voltage in Europe is much stronger! My blow dryer is crazy powerful now even on the low setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's hilarious. I'm really hoping I can find a converter today that will make my sewing machine work, because its currently just collecting a lot of dust.

    ReplyDelete