Saturday, March 5, 2011

Get Good Beer at Good Beer NYC

It's a shame that Good Beer NYC had to open three months after I moved off the East 9th Street block. Located on East 9th Street between 1st & A in the East Village, Good Beer sells, well, good beer. Lined against the walls from front to back is the biggest selection of chilled American Craft and Imported beers I have seen in NYC (if there is a better place, please tell me). My favorite thing is their $8 beer flights, which you can select four out of the 12 beers on tap. If you don't know much about beer except that you like it, the guys at the counter can help you choose which ones to try. 
There's seating in the back for about 10 people and when the place gets crowded people just stand around the front and drink. It looks like eventually there will be a nice garden in the back with tables and benches, which I can't wait for. For updates on what's on tap, check out Good Beer NYC's Facebook Page. Below was my beer flight, I had the Captain Lawrence Winter Rye, Sly Fox Seamus Red Ale, River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout and the last one I can't remember, but I did enjoy all of it. Good Beer has a really casual and chill atmosphere--a perfect place for an afternoon beer drinking spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment