Monday, May 9, 2011

Judd Apatow Can Thank Me For Bridesmaids

Two years ago when The Hangover came out, I had written a post ("Why Can't Girls Get Hangovers Too", 6/15/09) about the differences in male- and female-centric comedies and the ditzy, valley girl stereotype of female comedians. In my post, I challenged Judd Apatow or Todd Phillips to create a Hangover for women, and guest what?! Two years later we have BRIDESMAIDS produced by Judd Apatow himself! I'm really excited to see the movie, despite my dislike for the title and awful pink bridesmaids dresses, but PLUS SIDE, the manliest man alive Jon Hamm is in the film and he has great things to say about his female costars and the comparisons to The Hangover:
"I think funny is funny. It doesn't have a gender assigned to it." - Jon Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment