Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Saturday at Dekalb Market

Thanks to my daily-deals scout/friend Gabs, my friends and I all jumped on an Urban Daddy $20 all-you-can-drink beer and mimosas deal at Dekalb Market in Downtown Brooklyn. Shipping containers, sunshine and Six Point Sweet Actions--not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Sadly, the food vendors were not prepared for the amount of people who came to the market, because by the time I arrived around 2pm, half of the food vendors sold out. My options for food were limited to meatballs and grilled cheese (which the lines were insanely long), and I ended up waiting 20+ minutes for the only quick and substantial food I could find--meat pies. Rule of thumb, unlimited booze with limited food only leads to very hangry people! If I were a pretzel or pizza shop, I would set up a stall at Dekalb Market ASAP! Nevertheless, this Saturday (hopefully) marks the first of many blue skied, friend-filled, warm, outdoor events.
"Nori Taco" - Fried Nori, Kim Chee Fried Rice and Pickled Veggies
Steak & Mushroom Meat Pies

No comments:

Post a Comment