Monday, January 20, 2014

NEW YEAR, NEW NAME, NEW GAME.

2013 was a reflective year--a year where I finally thought, "I'm grown up."

This post is hard for me to write because I wanted the first post of 2014 to set the tone for my blog From A to Zeny as it enters its fifth year in existence.

A lot has changed over the past year:
I lost my grandmother.
I married my soul mate.
And, I blogged a lot less.

I blogged 22 times in 2013 (5x less than 2009 when I started the blog) and it makes me sad because blogging was a creative exercise for me--a way for me to catalog events, ideas, trends, adventures--literally there was nothing I would not blog about like my sister's love for emojis or every drool-worthy meal I had in Asia. But in 2013, I made a decision to internalize a lot of the personal changes happening in my life and focus on my career. In other words, I was growing up.

Although I have a new last name and an evolving outlook on life, I still constantly seek inspiration and stimulation. My goal for 2014 is to talk about that difficult in-between age closely reminiscent to your teenage angsty years, but with better hair, also called your late 20's--to tell stories about pursuing personal passions, leaning in as a lady at work, our rapidly progressing and somewhat scary digital world, marriage (eek!), foodie adventures and occasionally ads or campaigns that get it.

My blog is only as good as the people I meet, so I invite people to share with me their stories or connect with me on Instagram and Twitter.

Cheers to the future,
Zeny

No comments:

Post a Comment